Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mommy's Birthday and other shenanigans....

So....a photo update on the past 2 weeks.

It got cold.

We dressed Daddy and Bobby up as twins!

I celebrated my 29th birthday on the 18.  I told Bobby he should get used to this number, because I am totally going to claim it as my age for the next couple of years.

Daddy bought me flowers.

Some classy vase they were put in, huh?  That's what happens when you have a 6 month old.

The picture above was taken at my birthday dinner.  Every year we end up at Sakura (Japanese steak house) for dinner, and I was determined to try something new this year.  We ended up in Old Town, Alexandria at this lovely creperie called La Fontaine.  The dinner (savory) crepes were okay, but the dessert crepes.....OMG.  To. Die. For.  C.W. got this one called the "lemon drop" and I got one called "just peachy".  I licked the bowl, and I wasn't even ashamed that I did so. 

Tuesday I went to a very special kind of doctor that I really don't want to elaborate on.  I think the issue is resolved, and that's really all that matters.

We galavanted up in Springfield until it was time to go to Aunt Carol and Uncle Bob's for my birthday dinner.  It's better than a present and I always get to pick what meal I'd like.  Normally I ask for Carol's fried chicken and all the fixings, which have to include her cole slaw.  Since I'm nursing, that was out of the question.  So, I got salmon instead.  Yum.  Bobby sat with the grown ups at the table, which was pretty cool.  And Carol made this pumpkin with chocolate chip creme pie dessert that was out of this world.  It's my new favorite thing.  I had seconds.  I think I might have gained a pound, and I don't care.  It was worth it.




I kept telling everybody at dinner Tuesday night that I thought Bobby was coming down with something, but everyone dismissed it and chalked his coughing and runny nose up to teething.  Guess where we ended up Wednesday morning?

Yep.  That's the "sick" waiting room at the doc's.
So, the doc told me that Bobby had a head cold on top of teething.  Fabulous.


Doesn't he just look so lethargic? Poor babe.

So, guess who got sick next?

"Happy Birthday, Mom.  I got you this awesome cold."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment