Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

9 Months (not the Hugh Grant movie)

Love letter to my son....

Dearest Bobby,

On Wednesday January 26 you turned 9 months old.  Nine months.  The same amount of time you were in Mommy's tummy you've been out exploring the world.  I miss having you in my tummy sometimes.  You seem so big to me now.  It's like your Grammy said the other day, you're not a baby anymore, you're a toddler.  You toddle (whatever that means).  I look at pictures of you as a "baby baby" and I cry....hard.  It's partly because I miss the "newness" of you.  It's a little because I can see how far we've come.  Mainly it's because I haven't figured out a way to slow time down.  Despite my very best efforts I feel like I've missed stuff.  How have we gone from rocking you to sleep in a bassinet to putting a foam bumper around the coffee table in the family room?  It's only been a second since you were in newborn Pampers!  I love watching you develop your personality.  You are SO loving and happy.  I love your smile when you and I lock eyes first thing in the morning.  I love the way you grab my finger and hold on tightly as you're nursing.  I love that the only thing that calms you down when you're fussy is Mommy singing "You Are My Sunshine".  You are my miracle baby.  This world is a better place for having you in it.  I see the impact you're already having on the world little lamb.  Your Daddy looks at me differently now.  Not that he didn't look at me adoringly pre-you, but now there's so much more behind his loving gazes.  Your Grammy is happier than I've ever seen her.  And, even though Grammy and I both hung our heads when we found out I was having a boy, you have more than proven that boys can be just a fun and rewarding as girls.  You were just what I needed in my life.

I love you SO much, little lamb,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment