Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy 2011!

So, the guests have come and gone (some didn't even show up at all), and I'm left with a home still decorated and the Christmas spirit is slowly fading away.  Sigh.  I hate this time of year most of all.  January and February are the worst months of the year.  It's cold.  There's nothing to look forward to, unless you, like my Hubby decide to commemorate random holidays from around the world.  He actually mentioned at dinner a few nights ago that January 10 is "Coming of Age Day" in Japan.  Remind me to mark that one down on the calendar (snicker).

Bobby is starting to pull himself to standing more frequently.  He gets really ticked when he loses his balance.  See below.


Last week was college football bowl week.  I'm actually in a pool, and I was doing well, until every team that was supposed to win decided not to.  Most disappointing game of the week?  That would be my beloved West Virginia Mountaineers.  Here's a picture before the massacre...I can tell it was taken pre-game because we're still smiling.


To quote Forrest Gump:  "That's all I have to say about that".
As I mentioned earlier, I was battling a cold all last week (& into this week, too).  I "rallied", and I was able to finish all the cooking and cleaning just in time for our company.  We thought we were only hosting 2 adults and one child, but in a matter of mere hours, the number of guests went from 3 to 7.  It was great to have the house really full for the New Year, plus I had fewer leftovers, which was a plus.  Bobby was the center of attention, and he really enjoyed spending time with his extended family, especially his Uncle Brian.  They're best friends.


Bobby also got to open his Christmas presents from Aunt Jen and Uncle Brian.  Aunt Beth helped him.



For the record, this little Scout is a part of our daily bedtime routine.  He loves it!
New Years Day was really lazy.  It was almost summery, with temperatures hitting the upper 50's.  I felt that it was appropriate to dress Bobby accordingly....

We didn't even eat dinner until 9 in the evening. 

Bobby's Grammy (and my Mommy's) birthday was on Monday.  Christian made a terrific dinner in her honor.  We gave her gift certificates to a nail salon and Bobby gave her gloves.  We also made a trip to Wal-Mart and I got some cookie tubs on clearance.  What I didn't realize at the time was that cookie tubs make amazing makeshift drums for infants to play with.  Bobby reached behind him in the cart and picked his instrument of choice. 


On Tuesday we went to Carol and Bob's for Mom's official birthday dinner.  Carol made her fried chicken.  It was yummy, as always.  I even managed to get a couple pictures with Carol and Bob holding Bobby, which is easier said than done.  It seems kinda crazy, but I only have 2 pictures of Carol with Bobby, and 2 pictures of Bob with Bobby.  It's crazy because next to the people Bobby lives with, he sees Carol and Bob the most.  I think he's seen them about 50 or so times since his birth.   It's only right that I start getting more pictures of them together, so that his baby book can accurately depict who he spent his time with.  He just adores them, and he thinks Aunt Carol is HILARIOUS. 




In closing, here's one more picture of Bobby with his new favorite toy....

Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment