Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Long Time No Blog...Part 1

Obviously since it's been more than a month since my last blog (slaps hand), it's about time I fill everyone in on what's been going on with Mr. Bobby (and us).

So, the main thing that happened in February and March is Bobby single-handedly decided to pay his doc's salary. 
"Charge it!"


He's been to the doctor's office 5 times since late February.  The first diagnosis was an ear infection.  Then Bob was diagnosed with Fifth disease.  Following that was the diaper yeast infection due to the antibiotics he was put on with the ear infection.  Then he broke out in another head to toe rash and was given some ointment for that, and finally he was brought back for his diaper rash again and tested for strep, which it wasn't.  Would you believe that the diaper rash that sprung up on March 1 was STILL around on April 2?  Needless to say, this totally thwarted my cloth diapering efforts.  Even more irritating, I actually had to go out and buy disposable diapers. 

Fifth disease is also known as "slapped cheek" syndrome....see why?

Bobby's become a champ at "cruising" around the furniture at the house.  He's also reached record speeds when crawling.  I can hardly keep track of him anymore!


I'm pleased to announce that Bobby's babble of choice is no longer "da-da-da".  He's moved onto "ma-ma".  Sometimes he even says "mom".  He gets whatever he wants when he does that. 

He's still not sleeping in his crib.  That's all I really have to say on the matter.  I'm not devastated, neither is Daddy.  Grammy is.  Would I like Bobby to sleep in his crib?  Absolutely.  Am I willing to give up my sleep or listen to my child cry for hours on end to accomplish this goal?  Not yet.


We've also started trying out solid foods.  So far we've tried: carrots, peas, asparagus, sweet potatoes and squash.  We also tried a little bit of roll at the Mount Vernon Inn a few weeks ago.  All attempts have been the same....terrible.  I'm not giving up. 

Our long anticipated family vacation was postponed until May.  We're very excited for Bobby to visit the beach for the first time, and we're so appreciative to our dearest family friends, Bobby's Aunt Carol and Uncle Bob for loaning us their condo so we can escape for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment